The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Two Year Surgiversary!

So, two years ago today, I was out of WLS and working on my second walk. I had started the day out as a 300+ person and now am a "normal" sized woman. In the two years since I started this journey, I am down (according to my scale) 174 pounds. By my clinic's measurements, I've lost 19 inches off my waist and 21.5 inches off my hips. I've gone from a tight size 26/28 to a size 8/10. My BMI is still not at goal - but now I'm at a 25.5 compared to a 52.8. A "normal" BMI is 25 or lower, but at this point I will take what I have. Granted, my labs didn't come back perfect - my iron is low (single digits) and my thyroid is elevated - guess that's the explanation for my low energy. That can be dealt with via meds, so I'm not that worried.

Bottom line - I weigh less than what I've lost; my blood pressure is normal; I'm eating normal as far as what I can eat. Granted, the portions are much smaller, but not in a bad way. I get to taste anything I want, including sweets.

I am still petrified about keeping my weight in a certain range. I weigh myself more than I should. I am so scared about re-gaining the weight I have lost. I need to get right with my weight range I've set for myself, but I still beat myself up when I vary from my self-imposed range.

I am still lucky that I've had this surgery. I am healthier than I've ever been before. I may gripe about my "excess skin" but I have nothing to complain about. I am not ready to have another body transformation a la plastic surgery. I am still getting used to the body I'm in!

There is a lot to work on, but this surgery has been a success for me. I can't ask for much more. I have some things to work on, but that is just part of the journey.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home