The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Time to Check In

Work continues to be very busy. There seems to be a lot of changes about to happen, some will be pretty dramatic. My boss keeps telling me our department shouldn't be affected, but I'm not so sure about that.

Tuesday was a bit of a jolt for us here in the Twin Cities. The 35W bridge collapse was very dramatic and chaotic. For work, we implemented our calling trees to make sure all were accounted for. Luckily, I believe everyone has been accounted for. There were some pretty near-misses - just about to cross the bridge or just over it. The amazing thing is that it could have been so much worse. I know there are still many missing and the death toll is expected to rise, and my thoughts go out to all the families still waiting for some answers.

I have tomorrow off as an errand/appointment/chore day. The weekend has been wet, grey and cool which isn't totally a bad thing. I have some personal calls to make and figure I have a ton of vacation still to use before the end of the year. Don will be off covering training camp, but it should be an early day for him. I'm hoping to get a lot done, plus have a little time left over for some reading.

Nothing else much is going on right now - kind of the dogs days of summer. We have laundry in and the dishwasher needs unloading. We've already taken the dogs for a hike and I went through a stack of catalogs that have been sitting here since we got back from California. It's been a pretty lazy weekend. We did go see "Harry Potter" yesterday before Don had to drive to River Falls, WI to cover the Vikings practice. I know, exciting stuff.

Better get to those dishes...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home