The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Stormy Thursday Night

Although I worked until 7:00 PM tonight, I thought I would try and actually blog about what the heck is going on in my life. We're in the middle of a big thunder storm and it's knocked out our dish, so we can't watch the Saints-Colts game very well.

First off, work has been really busy. Not in a bad way, per say, but there is going to be a lot of changes which will affect how we do our day-to-day jobs. It will be a major change for my group and I will have to deal with how to manage through this change. In some aspects, it's very exciting as we'll be able to really leverage our analytical skills, but it's going to take some people out of their comfort zone, and I will only be able to hear, "But that's not how we used to do it," a certain number of times.

We had a very nice weekend - the weather was great and we did a lot of outdoor activities. On Saturday, I met up with a few friends for coffee and then 3 of us went to go get a pedicure. This is probably my last fancy one (flowers painted on my big toes) for the season. On Sunday, we took the dogs for a much needed hike and they got to burn off some puppy energy splashing in the lake and barking at squirrels. I then my 2 friends for lunch and a field trip to the zoo. We had so much fun! We went to the dolphin show, took the tram ride which gave us an overview of the majority of the zoo and then walked the other side where there were tropical animals and then native animals. On Monday, Don and I went to the Minnesota State Fair. We went early, so the weather was nice and the crowds weren't too bad. By the time we left, however, it was wall-to-wall people and H-O-T. Since this was our first time, we just kind of wandered around. My favorite part was the birthing barn where we saw piglets, calves, foals, lambs, ducklings and baby rabbits. The main activity seems to be eating, but we did pretty well with our only real treat being the chocolate chip cookies with a big glass of milk. Most people get the bucket o'cookies (about 4 dozen) but I opted for the small serving (a baker's dozen).

Weight-wise, thing are pretty status quo. I tend to say right between 162 - 167, relying mostly on diet since I haven't really had a chance to get back into a proper gym schedule. I'm hoping to change that tomorrow and this weekend. I'm still in a bit of awe how easy this has been for me, and that people actually consider me tiny. I don't always feel it, and I still often see the "fat girl" in the mirror. I am still considering plastic surgery which could remove another 10-15 pounds, but it's still pricey and we just don't have the funds right now. It's hard, because I really want it, but I also have to weigh other factors, like the fact we need to do some things around the house and taxes due in October.

Nothing much on tap for this weekend. I know for sure I want to go shopping with the gift cards I got for my birthday (Macy's, Eddie Bauer, Bloomingdale's and Land's End). On Sunday, I'm looking to have a few work friends over to watch football and actually do some work-related projects.

Off to bed - I have to be up at 5:30 AM tomorrow and need my beauty sleep!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home