The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Snowbound

We got about 8 inches of snow overnight. It started with icy bits they call scrapple and it morphed into snow late afternoon. I did decide to go to Mall of America for Macy's big sale. I got a ton of stuff for just over $100.00 - a raincoat, 2 skirts, 3 sweaters, a pair of dress slacks and a dress shirt. I actually had a few other items - a black denim jacket with a skull and crossbones bedazzled on the back, a basic black sheath and matching blazer and a pair of Lucky Brand jeans, but decided against them, although now I'm kind of regretting the jacket decision.

Shopping remains a bit of a chore for me. Although I can pretty much shop at any store, I just get so overwhelmed with all the decisions. It's weird knowing I can buy cute clothes rather than just anything that fits. I am confused about sizes as well. I have to try everything on because sizes vary even within the same brand because of cut or material. I thought I was a pretty solid 12 in slacks, but actually fit into size 10. The funny thing is that I still have a pair of size 14W jeans, and those seem to fit fine.

I ended up not going to the charity event last night. I started running a fever around 4:00 PM, and did try to take a shower to see if that helped, which it didn't. Jen was pretty forgiving about me flaking, but, in hindsight, probably a good decision. I don't know if I would have been able to make it up the driveway any time after about 8:00.

Don is supposed to be heading home today. His flight is already delayed an hour, so he should arrive around 5:15, but I won't feel confident he'll get here tonight until I see the flight has taken off. What's worse, he had to park on the roof so his car is buried. We did talk about him taking a cab, and now I wished he had gone that route.

Of course, with 8 inches on the ground and 3-5 more expected, the driveway needed to be cleared so Don could get the car in (yet another reason to have taken a cab!!). I started to shovel, but we have a pretty bid driveway and that wasn't really working, so Don walked me through starting the snowblower. After a few false starts, I actually got it running and was able to do Don's side. I started to do my side, but it just got to be too much so we have a half-assed plowed driveway. I didn't even attempt to do the sidewalk. That will just have to wait until Don gets home. Of course, if he's delayed I will have to figure out how to get my car down the driveway.

So, I am housebound for the rest of the day. The dogs are in a mellow mood - good thing, too. They'll get their frisky mood on around 3:00 or so. I've done two loads of laundry. I did make Chicken Poblano Chowder (from Paula Deen, with a few modifications) last night since soup always tastes better the second day. That will be dinner and a good warm up for Don, especially if he has to do the other part of the drive.

In the meantime, I am dealing with some mild anxiety & depression, I think. The last few days have been really hard, and part of the reason is Don's away but I'm not sure what else it is. Even something as simple as organizing my sock drawer or going through catalogs is overwhelming to me. I'm dealing with it in an unhealthy way - withdrawing, drinking and generally letting everything go to pot because I just can't get started on anything. I just want to curl up and make the world go away. In the last few days, I get the sweats and shakes for no reason, and last night I burst into tears. I hate feeling this way. I have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow so I'm sure we'll be discussing this. I really need to get a handle on things before it starts affecting my life.

To be honest, I don't know if this has anything to do with WLS. I'm still not eating like I should, especially the last few days since Don's been gone. I have cooked up a storm, but haven't eaten any of it. I did just have lunch but I hardly ate anything yesterday or Friday, and I know I'm not getting all of my water in. I wish I enjoyed food more, but it's just not happening for me.

Off to finish the laundry and I might tackle the sock drawer...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home