The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Beauty Sleep

For some reason, I have woken up almost every morning at 3:00 AM and have not been able to get back to sleep. I've tried a glass of wine (or two), Tylenol PM, etc. with no results. I've only slept once through the night and that was Wednesday night. I was able to sleep right up until the alarm went off at 6:00 AM and got my butt in gear and did 45 minutes on the treadmill before work. I thought my sleeping travails were over, but I was up again at 3:00 this morning and never did go back to sleep, finally getting out of bed at 5:45. Ugh. At least on weekends I can stay in bed until about 6:30 or 7:00.

The weather has finally taken a temp dip - a whopping 7 degrees this morning. Because we have an attached garage and because I park in my building's underground parking, I will, on occassion, leave the house without a proper jacket. I am wearing a suede blazer, but that does not count as a jacket. This is the second time in two weeks I've done that. Hopefully my car won't break down or anything on my way home this afternoon...

I started a 12-week Ashtanga yoga course, which just kicked my ass on Tuesday. I've only done Big A$$ yoga and gentle yoga, and this one is all about flowing from one position into the next. It's pretty much constant movement. After our first 4 or 5 sun salutions ending in downward dog, my arms and legs were shaking so badly, but I hung with the pose. I was happy I was able to keep up and not break any poses and the instructor only needed to correct two positions. We did some twists so my obliques are pretty sore, but in a good way. Since the class is only once a week, I am going to supplement with a gym yoga class on Saturdays. It's Yoga for Fitness, but at least I will keep up with the stretching. I am also hoping to start going to a Pilates for Fitness class on Thursdays.

I should get to the gym, or at least on my own treadmill, today for an hour. I don't want to slack off on that. We have dinner reservations at 7:00 tonight so I should have plenty of time, especially if I can get off work at 3:30. I have two projects I'm working on but both are about half way complete and they aren't due until Monday.

No big plans for the weekend - gym, errand, chores, football - the usual. Depending on the weather, we'll take the dogs for a walk at least once, but if it remains below freezing, it's probably healthier to find some indoor activities. I'd love to go see a movie as well - maybe the Pursuit of Happyness or Night at the Museum.

I'm doing pretty well on all my 2007 goals. I haven't really wasted any money, although I am sipping on a second coffee instead of water ($1.76, but well worth it!!). I did go to dinner with some WLS friends on Wednesday after support group. We ended up at Granite City Brewery, which was good, but the portions were huge - even for a "normal" person. Most ordered the meatloaf, which would have been about 5 meals for me. I stuck with an appetizer which wasn't what I expected (I thought it was going to be a tostada-type thing with Ceaser salad but it was more like nachos with salad).

The one exciting thing is that I was given authorization to go to a vendor's conference in Las Vegas in March! That totally works since I can go in a day or two early to spend some time with my brother and his family and the airfare is the same. We also made plans to visit Los Angeles/Santa Barbara in February. The only other pending trip is to Cleveland in March to see Don's side of the family. Racking up those miles!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home