The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Point of Arrival

It's funny when I think about when I knew I would be done losing weight. Up until this point, it's been a very fluid moment. Today, it was it. I bought a pair of Levi's 501 jeans, size 34x32. For some reason, this was an important moment, although I didn't know it until I was in the dressing room.

I used to love wearing 501s. I don't even remember the exact size, but I do remember mourning when I knew I couldn't wear them any longer. Getting back into a pair is like reclaiming a part of my youth, somehow. I loved wearing my jeans, a crisp white shirt and my black cowboy boots , maybe my second-hand tux jacket. I know, so 80s, but, damn, I felt good. Sexy.

Even though I was able to buy size 12 pants in freakin'-Eddie Bauer or a size medium top at NY & Company, the real prize was getting into a pair of Levi's. Go figure.

Not to say this has brought a total revelation in the food/eating department. But it's a small step in accepting my current size and being satisfied where I am now.

In other news, the de-cluttering continues to go well. I have pretty much gone through the living room and dining room and a good portion of the kitchen. Tomorrow, after taking the CRV in for a tune-up, I will be sans transportation so I can really get into it.

I think I am finally done with post-Christmas shopping. I did get a lot of things on sale and with gift cards - a spree at Eddie Bauer (jeans, black slacks, cords, 2 sweaters), Macy's (gold hoops, 9 West knee-high leather boots (retail $169 for $70!), Target (home organizing stuff, coat), NY&Co (jacket, shirt, 2 sweaters, cool gold ring). I still have a lot left on the gift cards, but I will need things for spring/summer so I can wait until those are in stock. Now, it's all about cleaning out the old and making room for the new.

In work news, one of my reports is getting promoted. I am so excited for her since she really showed a desire for this position but one of my other reports didn't get the job, so I am bummed for her. Either way, I was going to have to redistribute the workload and hire another scheduler. I'm also worried that the one who didn't get the promotion is going to leave, but it would have been this way if the situation was reversed. Just more transition for me to start 2007 when I was hoping for some stability in our department. At least it's happening early in the year so I have time to groom the next newbie.

Off to do some more organizing/de-cluttering. Tomorrow will be the big day since I won't have transport to escape from my duties here. I can't believe that my vacation is more than half over!! I still have so much to do!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home