The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

We have just gotten through a string of days where the highs didn't get above zero. In fact, on Monday morning on my drive into work, the temp was -18 with it feeling like -40 with the wind chill. To put that in perspective, your freezer should be 0 or below. So if you want to feel what we're feeling here, clear out your freezer, get in it with a fan on high and enjoy. You know it's bad when the warnings are you cannot be outside for more than 10 minutes before suffering from frostbite.

I am feeling better since my last post, and I'm trying to get more fiber in to help things, um, keep moving along. I am trying not to weigh myself until Thursday morning so I have an idea when I meet with my nutritionist once I get to Los Angeles. Granted, the plan will have me weighing in with him after Don and I stop at Paco's Tacos for lunch, but I can live with that. I mean, how much weight can I gain from a half taco and some beans?

With the cold, I buckled and bought the dogs jackets just because I was worried about their well-being on their (short) ventures outside this weekend. They're actually pretty cute - a shearling jacket for Jager and a fleece for Baja. Where they really feel the cold is in their paws.

We're off to the warmth of Los Angeles & Santa Barbara this weekend, although to hear my mother tell it, it's freezing there. Ha! It's 65 and I know they are expecting rain, but I will take that over sub-zero temps and snow.

I could use a break from work. I worked on Saturday since we are getting into tax season. It's just so busy and I'm feeling pulled in so many directions. I just hope this hard work will pay off in some completed projects soon so I can experience some success.

The weight and food still are issues. I don't want to eat, and I continue to lose weight, down to 164 this week which is below my threshold of 167. I think part of it is that I will be seeing my parents, and in some cases friends, at my lowest weight since college (freshman year, at that). I felt like a failure then, and I am having a hard time feeling like a success now since the only difference is 20 years.

Anyway, not sure if I will get to post from the road but I hope to update at least once!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home