The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I'm Baaaack!

Sorry for the lack of updates - we had a wonderful time in California, but I came back with a pretty bad cold and have been battling that ever since our return...

We got in to Los Angeles with plenty of time to stop at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, Paco's Tacos. Paco's was across the street from our house, and was a frequent haunt of ours, and probably responsible for at least 50 of my 170 excess pounds. I got to taste real Mexican food, not the stuff they pass off as "Mexican" here in the great white north (pickles on tacos?? Seriously??). I was pretty stuffed when I left and was feeling a little guilty about that, but realized I was stuffed on one taco and some rice and beans - not the taco, enchilada, full orders of rice and beans plus chips, salsa and guacamole.

We then headed for my nutritionist's office. As luck would have it, my chiropractor was still there so I got a bonus adjustment. My meeting with Phil went well. First off, his scale actually agreed with mine, so I felt pretty good about that. There is nothing worse thinking your scale is right, only to get into a doctor's office and have it weigh you at 5 pounds more. He ran my cholesterol, and it was actually better than his!! I continue to have great numbers in that department, which is a huge change from before surgery when I was borderline diabetic. He measured my body fat, which came in higher than what the gym had said, but he does a more accurate measurement, so it's actually 23% instead of 21%, but still great.

Phil gave me a food plan I could live with. His big thing is "thumbprinting" a meal, meaning even if I'm not hungry, I need to sit down with some food and take just a few bites to get my mind into a routine where it comes to expect a meal, even if I'm not hungry. We also discussed exercise and he has agreed to let me go back to lifting weights if I do it with a trainer and focus more on core exercises rather than power lifting (I'm not getting in enough calories to repair any muscle damage that may happen with heavy lifting). I'll continue to do yoga twice a week and get 4-5 days of cardio in as well. Of course, with everything going on this week, I haven't been able to stick to the exercise plan, but I'm doing OK with the foods despite being sick. We agreed that maintaining my current weight would be fine for now, and if it goes down with the exercise and food plan so be it. I just want to be able to stay one weight for awhile so I can consult with a plastic surgeon soon.

We had a great time seeing Dad & Dean and Mom & Deb. Don and I took a long walk on the beach Friday - I even got my feet wet in the Pacific (probably why I now have a cold!). The weather was beautiful - mid-60s, mostly sunny, nice breeze. It was a really nice visit. It went by quickly, and I wish we had more time, but we'll be back in July for 2 weeks.

Having a cold really sucks. At least I don't have a sore throat anymore - some fresh ginger, lemon juice, cinnamon, honey and cayenne steeped in hot water seemed to do the trick for that. The cold has settled in my head and chest, and I still sound like Kathleen Turner after a pack of cigarettes, but I'm not coughing and my nose isn't too drippy.

Don and I are going out to dinner for Valentine's Day tonight. We agreed on no gifts and opted for a couples' hot stone massage on Saturday. That should feel great! We're also celebrating my raise and bonus, which were pretty generous. I still have to decide what I want to do with my bonus - pay off a credit card, get new carpet and paint or stock away in a savings account for possible plastic surgery. The smart thing would be to pay off a credit card but Don is insisting that I do something for me. We'll see....

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home