The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Monday, August 16, 2004

My Dinner With Superman

Yep, you read that right -- I had dinner with .
OK, not exactly dinner together, but he was at the same restaurant we were on Saturday. He actually sat right behind me. It's probably a good thing he didn't sit where I could see him -- he would have thought I was a stalker. Great dinner by the way -- if you're ever in Santa Monica, it's right off of PCH on Channel West -- it's called Caffe Delfini. I had veal with sauteed mushrooms, veggies and the best roasted potatoes I think I've ever had.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was spent totally eating off plan. As I continued to internalize the stress/excitement of what's going on, I felt the need for comfort food, so I made wild mushroom risotto, which really was tasty. Bottom line -- I held steady for the week. I'm OK with that, and know I just have to try harder this week.

I actually spent Sunday going to local Open Houses to see what the market is like out there. It's been very hot in our neighborhood, although it's cooled off a bit. There was sticker shock, that's for sure. A 1200 sq. foot 2 bed/1 bath house about 1 block away with NO extras (old stove, no landscaping, no porch or deck) is asking $600,000. Another house, with a lot of nice extras and some major remodeling, but still 1200 sq. feet (and on a smaller lot than what we're on) is asking $749,000. Holy crap. Our house is 1550 sq. feet on a 6000 sq. foot lot. We have a covered front porch that runs the length of the house, a large redwood deck, a "plain" grassy area which is large enough for a small pool, an enclosed dog run, 3 bedrooms/2 baths, living room, dining room, separate laundry room, a good-sized kitchen with a built in eating alcove, a detached 2-car garage and a white picket fence. It's nicely landscaped and it has a huge potential for an addition -- either in the back or a second story. What's amazing, from the research I've done on-line, we could get a 4 bedroom/3 bath 3000 sq. foot house in Minneapolis for what we bought our house for 3 years ago. I'm stunned -- just stunned.

Don flies out Wednesday, and I'm going with him. I've never been, so this will give me the chance to see the city and check out some neighborhoods. The other good thing is that, even though AMEX is there, another "mega" agency, Carlson Travel, is there and they are hiring (unlike AMEX), so I can have a back-up plan. And, with 520 stores and 50 restaurants, I think I could find a job here. Of course, my paycheck would be spent there as well....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home