The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Is Tuesday the New Monday?

I'm not sure how I'm feeling today. I didn't sleep well -- weird, intense dreams. Don said I was even whimpering in my sleep. I woke up when Don got home at midnight and I was covered in sweat. Obviously something on my mind -- too bad I don't remember what I dreamt about (usually I do -- in vivid detail).

I came into work and forgot I was supposed to arrange coverage for the 7:00 shift, voicemail is still down (now going into the third day), I had a 9:30 conference call, my mid-year review at 11:00, I have to present at least one mid-year today, plus the other leader is out of the office for the next 3 days and I am trying to catch up on her stuff as well (customer service issues, accounting issues). I truly want to cry.

This weekend should be fun, though. It's my friend Patty's birthday and we're going to Del Mar Racetrack in San Diego. They are having a concert and a micro-beer festival, so that will add a little spice. Patty is moving in with her boyfriend next week, and I think that, coupled with some work shit, is stressing her out a bit. Hopefully, we'll taste some good beer and win some money on the ponies. I'm not much of a gambler, and I do pick horses based on their silk colors or names. I figure $50.00 is a good amount to play with.

My main goal this week is just to make it through without pulling my hair out or taking Don and the dogs and running away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home