The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Monday, August 02, 2004

Down 7 Pounds!

Thought that might get your attention. I am, seriously, down 7 pounds from last Monday, but the reason why you didn't hear my shouts of jubilation is because I know it's all water weight. Which is a bit of a bummer, however it's still nice to see the scale go down.

Do people understand that we are in an election year, and one that's going to be highly contentious? CNN did a poll after the DNC. Here are the stats on those they surveyed:

Of the 1,011 adult Americans interviewed, 916 identified themselves as registered voters and 763 said they were likely voters.

What are the 153 people who are registered voters but not "likely" voters thinking? People who don't vote and then complain about politics really gall me. I try my best to stay informed. I take voting very seriously. No, I don't vote in every little election (School Board, for example), but I vote in presidential down to mayoral. We all know this race is going to be close. And we all saw that votes DO count (unless you live in Florida). So, to those 153 people who are registered to vote, but do not consider themselves likely voters, get off your duff and take advanatge of this great right we have.

OK, off my soap box now.....

So the new eating plan kicked in this morning. It seems to be OK so far. I'm not falling down starving, but I do look forward to my next meal. I've been eating all my foods and actually came up with a killer fat free dressing:

Dijon mustard
Balsamic vinegar
Champange vinegar
Cracked black pepper
Dried basil
Crushed garlic
1 packet of Equal
Lemon juice

I don't know how much of each I used, but it came out darn tasty -- kind of tangy and a hint of sweet. It's great over my tuna and salad.

No real cravings either, despite two dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts hanging out on the front file cabinet. Also, it's been a bit of a stressful day -- my co-leader in the office called me on Friday to let me know the phone system went down, so I came into the office at 6:00 AM to reboot the system. Part of it came up, but the voicemail is toast. We have to wait for a part and hopefully it will get fixed tomorrow. I've been running around, trying to help the agents, advising clients, plus playing secretary to our VIP agents (they can forward their phone to me when they go to lunch). The good news is that I plan on getting out of here by 4:00 PM at the latest -- plenty of time to go home and do my walk.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home