The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Monday, July 12, 2004

How Many Women Does It Take To Fix A Garage Door?

Normally, I would say one. However, after last night I would have to say none -- let your husband do it.

As I was closing up the house last night on my way to bed, I realized that the automatic garage door was off track and it wouldn't close. I couldn't quite reach the wheel to try and get it on track, so I decided that I would use the ladder. This, despite the fact that it was 9:00 PM and Don was at work until 11:00 PM, I thought was a good idea so Don wouldn't have to deal with it when he got home. My home repair tip for the day: Don't get on a ladder with flip flops on. I almost had it, but slipped, caught the back of my flip flop on the rung and fell from the 3rd rung. I had the wind knocked out of me and strained my knee. I am waiting to go in and see my doctor (she can't see me until 1:00 PM) since I can't put weight on it and it twinges every time I take a step. My guess is that I possibly strained/sprained some ligaments. I don't think it's anything serious, but I know I have to have it looked at and braced.

In the meantime, I am stuck on the couch watching bad morning T.V. Right now I am watching The Maury Show, which once again is doing paternity tests. This time it's women who have been on multiple times trying to figure who fathered their child. This amazes me. I can honestly say that if I ever got pregnant (in my single days, natch), I would have no problem identifying the father. This show is just sad. One woman has 4 kids and only knows the father of two of them, and only found that out after testing 7 guys. And, yes, the remote is within reach, but this is just too much like watching a train wreck. The song and dance is always the same....."look at the baby, look at this guy -- they look exactly alike." And the women are all 100% sure the man they have drug in is the father. When Maury says, "And you're not the father," the men all jump out of their seat and raise their hands in victory and get in the woman's face. Needless to say, I feel so sorry for the kids. Some of the men say they would be happy to take care of the kid, if it's theirs, which is nice to hear, since so many of these guys don't look like father material.

Anyway, no more high wire acrobatics for me for awhile. I just hope this doesn't interfere with my vacation plans....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home