The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Big Pain, Big Gain

Sorry I've been inactive the last few days. An old shoulder injury raised its ugly head over the weekend, causing a great amount of pain. It got so bad on Sunday night that I only got 4 hours of sleep. Luckily, I have an awesome chiropractor and he was able to get it back into place yesterday. I'm still sore from the deep muscle manipulation he had to do (feels like the pec and trap muscles should be black and blue), but I can raise my are above my head, and actually do things like type, wash my hair, etc.

While this has been going on, my motivation has decided to take a mini-vacation. I haven't been to the gym in about 10 days, and the scale is showing it. I've also not been on plan, although I've been back on it since Monday. I probably won't get into the gym today, but I'm hoping to do a 2 1/2 mile walk when I get home. I'm curious how long it will take me and if I can do this route before I go to work.

I spent most of the weekend catching up on my reading. I love to read, and will read almost anything. I usually have a stack of books that I need to read, because there is nothing worse than wanting to read and not having anything to read -- although that's usually not an issue because I never part with a book, so I can always re-read something. This weekend I read Veronika Decides to Die, The Drift and Practical Demonkeeping. Talk about 3 different books! All were pretty short -- under 250 pages. I would recommend them all, although you need a pretty twisted sense of humor to read "Practical Demonkeeping" by Christopher Moore. He is one author that can make me laugh out loud.

After today, I will have 15 days before my week in Santa Barbara! I am so excited. I'm actually only working part day on Friday, July 16 so I can use the rest of the day to pack and run errands. I've also arranged it that I will only be working part day on Monday, July 26. I've found that after a week off, it takes me about 3 hours just to slog through the e-mails. This way, I can come in when I get up on Monday, work my e-mails and go home to do laundry and finish unpacking.

After a nice, sunny weekend, we're back to June gloom. I can only hope that with the start of July, we'll start feeling like it's summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home