The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Keeping Temptation at Bay

I have learned how to beat temptation! Just keep your house bare of food. Worked for me last night.

Seriously, I really wanted to binge, but I had no "binge" food in the house. Sure, I could pig out on all the fresh fruit and veggies I wanted, but where is the fun in that? I think, more than ever, it became clear last night that a lot of my snacking is out of boredom. I can see why people smoke -- it's just something to do.

I was also tempted this morning to cram more unhealthy food down my throat when my world fell apart at 8:20. I knew that we were going to have 3 people out today -- one had a grandson graduating, two had a son graduating. Also, one was going to leave for about 2 1/2 hours to watch her niece perform in a play. We have 1 person out on vacation and 1 person covering for her. Needless to say, we were already running pretty lean and mean. And then.....2 people called out sick. These two knew that we were already down several people, and despite that, they called in "not feeling well." That kind of crap really ticks me off. I know I've called in sick when I could have gone in, but I also do it when I know we are fully staffed. I would have to be on my death bed to call in sick when I was fully aware of other people out. Grrrrrrrr.....

To add more grief......due to a paperwork error (not on my part), we are going to have to write off close to $125,000.00. We can eventually recover it, but it's still going to go down as a write off and then the paperwork to recover it is a pain. I actually have 9 minutes to get something in writing from the vendor to avoid this, but it's dicey that I'll actually get it in time. And, yes, this could have been prevented if my suggestion had been taken back in September. Ahhh, well....Incompetence at the highest levels really only affects those of us at the bottom.

Despite all of this drama, I have stuck to the plan. My only variance has been a cup of coffee this morning, but I took it black with no cream or Equal. Since I'm not restricting caffeine, I figured this would be OK.

I just have to be strong to get through the day.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home