The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Monday, June 07, 2004

All Good Things Must Come to an End

After 9 wonderful days of doing very little, I am back at work. Once again, I was faced with almost 300 e-mails, most of which have nothing to do with me. Nothing new on the whole reorganization front. I know there are a lot of questions still. I'm torn between wanting to stay in my current position or wait for a package and find another job with another company. It's scary out there right now, and I'm afraid of what will happen if I don't find a job with the same salary and compensation, but sometimes a major upheaval is what we need to move forward. Right now, because of the house, I'd say I was leaning towards trying to hang on here, even if it's for another year or so. I'd really like to reach my 10 year anniversary, which would be 1/22/06.

As far as the cleanse went, I thought I was going to be very happy with the results. Going into Saturday, it looked like I would end up at 313, which is what I weighed in at on Wednesday. I even sneaked a peek on Saturday afternoon, and the scale read 315. I got up early on Sunday and got on the scale, only to be greeted by 318 -- the exact same weight I started at! Later in the day, the reason for the higher that expected numbers became clear -- TTOTM. Grrrrr. I was really disappointed in not seeing the results, although I am feeling the results -- my clothes are fitting better, I do have more energy (although not at the moment), my wedding ring seems looser. I still wanted the validation from the scale.

So, how did I do with my goals for May?

1. Eat according to plan set forth by Nutritionist Phil I ate about 75% on plan

2. Exercise on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday I consistantly exercised on Saturday and Sunday, but DID NOT accomplish Tuesday and Thursday

3. Purchase/install front blinds DONE

4. Week of Spring Cleaning (week of 5/29 - 6/6) 90% DONE -- the office still needs work

5. Drink 100 oz. of water per day DONE

6. No drinking alcohol alone I did drink alone, but only about times last month.

7. Attend at least one social event DONE - Mom's Birthday Party (w/o Don)

8. Reach out to friends at least once a week DONE

9. Take time to read at least 30 minutes per day I didn't get to read every day, but probably read 30 out of 31 days.

10. No eating out of the vending machines DONE -- OK, a caveat here....our vending machines were broken, but I'm still counting it!

11. No fast food (exception: El Pollo Loco)DONE -- I even went to a drive through twice -- once to get my boss something to eat and once to get myself a Diet Coke. No food though!

I need to come up with my June goals, but the areas I need to work on continue to be 1)Eating on plan, 2)Getting exercise, and 3)Not drinking alone. I think I'm getting better at #3 and with my current plan of doing the cleanse morning and afternoon with dinner in the evening, I think I can do better at #1 as well. My hardest task will be #2. I cannot continue losing weight by only exercising twice a week, no matter how much I change my food plan.

Well, back to my overflowing in box!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home