The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Just Like a Good Soap Opera

I know I left you with a bit of a cliffhanger, but, hey I was on pins and needles too for two weeks! OK, I wasn't really, but I did find it odd since we had such a good conversation and he seemed to really enjoy my company.

I told him that I posted about our first meeting and he was demanding equal time. Maybe I can convince him to be a guest blogger for a day.

What I'm really excited about is Shrek 2 is opening tomorrow! I think Don and I are going to try and get into the 6:20 PM show. Normally, I don't like going on opening night, but I don't want to hear too much about the movie before seeing it.

The other bit of news is that Cold Stone Creamery is opening about 1 1/2 blocks from our house. I've actually only had it once, and it was wonderful. I knew I had to stay away. The good news, at the time, was that the only one open in Los Angeles was not very close, so it wasn't much of a temptation. Now that it's going to be right around the corner, it's a totally different story. Well, as Don said, "Hey, we could walk over here with the dogs." Ummmm....there's some justification.

I also went to my doctor's today. Nothing earth shaking except she reminded me that I haven't had a Pap smear in a year and a half. Oopps. My blood pressure was a little high, but I think that's partly because I've been forgetting to take my medication at night. I should have my blood work by next week. The best part was that her scale was 3 pounds lower than my scale at home! Usually it's the other way around. Even though I know what my "real" weight is, it was nice to see the lower numbers.

My success story of the day, if you could call it that, was after fasting for the blood work, I was somewhat hungry. I stopped by El Pollo Loco and picked up a salad and ate it as soon as I got to work. A vendor was in with pastries and fruit. I went in and looked, but realized I was really too full to eat anything right then, although a juice is sounding good right about now. Bottom line, I'm starting to listen to my body and I hope that means I'm making progress.

Off to finish out the day. We were really busy yesterday. I took 109 calls, not including calls coming in on my personal line -- which is about 109 more than I should take. Granted, I took call back messages for about 75% of them but I got roped into doing about 25 reservations and that meant I got nothing else done. Today was catch up day, and I'm feeling like I have it mostly under control. Famous last words, I know....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home