The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Monday, June 21, 2004

Monday Blues

I'm not sure if it's because it's Monday or if the weather has anything to do with it, but I wish I was curled up on my couch with a good book. It's definitely June Gloom here in Southern California. Lately, we don't even get to see the sun until late afternoon. Normally I wouldn't say the weather affects my emotions, but I think because overcast skies this time of year are so unexpected. I mean, it's the first day of summer for goodness sake. Where is the sun??

I guess the one good thing about the gloom is instead of lounging on a beach chair all of Saturday, Don and I did some much needed yard work. We only tackled the back yard, but we had to leave the front for another weekend as our trimmings can was full to the brim with deadheaded roses and cut jasmine vines. I love the look of a well-tended garden, I just don't have the patience to weed and trim to maintain one. Our yard is going for the "natural" look.

Don and I did have a wonderful dinner at McCormick & Schmick's to celebrate Father's Day. I had tilapia encrusted with cashews and a rum butter sauce. It was so good. I didn't eat much of the rice (only about 1/4 of what was served), but I probably could have skipped the cup of soup and even dessert. I ended up feeling stuffed, something I hadn't felt for a very long time. I did well at dinner last night with my Dad. We ordered Thai food in and I was totally on plan -- even with the portions.

Anyway, off to finish out my day. I am getting my toes & nails done this afternoon -- maybe that will add some sunshine into my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home