The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Floundering in a Sea of Red

Just when I think I am close to done with my e-mails, a flood of red overtakes me!  At least my boss is out of the office this afternoon so that should make it a little easier.  Plus, I'm leaving at 4:00 PM to go with Don to pick up his new car -- a Honda Civic Coupe LX.  We have to drive up to my old hometown of La Canada to pick it up, and we'll hit one of my favorite places for dinner -- Pepe's.  Growing up, Pepe's was one of the hot spots along Foothill Blvd.  It was always packed on a Friday night during football season.  The decor hasn't changed in over 20 years, and even some of the wait staff is the same.

I do have photos  to post from vacation, which I will try and do tomorrow.  I have some great ones of the dogs.  On our first day there, Jager spotted a lizard run into some bushes.  For the next 2 days, everytime I looked at her, she was staring into the plant bed just waiting for that darn lizard to come out.  We also came up with a "game" we called Pool Ball.  Don and I were in the pool and we would bounce the balls to the dogs, although we were trying to get them back into the pool.  It was silly, but it tired the dogs out!  Baja and Jager enjoyed their walk on the beach -- Jager even went into the ocean!  Baja slipped into the pool a few times.  It's actually a good thing he doesn't like to jump in after the balls -- we'd probably never get him out!

One of the best parts of the vacation was our 80 minute Hot Stone massage at the Four Seasons.  If you've never had a Hot Stone massage, I would highly recommend it.  They take large, smooth river stones and rub you with them.  It's really relaxing.  I could barely move after it was done.

We enjoyed some really good meals as well (hence the 6 pound gain, although I was down 1 1/2 pounds as of this morning).  I cooked most nights and made things like mussels, beef ribs, risotto, pork loins, etc.  Our dinner at the Wine Cask was very nice as well.  That was the only night I really felt close to overeating, partly because of the champange and wine we drank.

We also watched TV that we wouldn't normally, including getting hooked on VH-1's "I Love the 90's."  We caught some of the 80's as well.  Talk about bringing back memories.  The songs, the fashion, the trends!  What were we thinking??



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home