The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Monday, August 09, 2004

Bumpy Road

I don't know why weekends are the hardest for me to stay on plan. I totally thought I had Saturday planned out -- eating my first 3 meals (at least the first two) and drinking moderately at the races. I did keep my drinking within my limits (about the equivalent to 3 beers), but I didn't eat all day until about 4:30 when Don and I shared a bag of kettle corn (we only ate about half the bag, but it was a large bag). We then went to TGI Friday's where I thought I could easily choose my dinner, but I ended up having a minor panic attack. I think it was a combination of spending so much time in traffic (it usually takes about 2 hours from our house to downtown San Diego, and it took 3 hours to get just to Del Mar!!), the crowd at the races, the fact my knee and legs hurt and not having eaten almost all day.

Yesterday was just as bad -- I didn't eat breakfast until about 11:00 and then didn't eat anything else until about 7:00. And I know that not eating just messes with my metabolism.

Anyway, despite all the not eating on plan I did, I am down a total of 5.5 pounds for the week and 11.2 pounds since 7/26. I would really like to see the other side of 300 by my birthday on 9/5, which is 4 weeks away. I know it's an aggressive goal of about 4.5 pounds per week, but I think I could do it. I finally got around to doing my measurements yesterday. I wish I had done it last weekend, but I still think I can track my goals. I also had Don do some (hopefully) before photos. They were a real eye-opener, that's for sure. I am not going to post those, at least not until I can post some after ones!

The good news is that I did walk a ton on Saturday. We did a 1.5 mile walk with the dogs before going to the races and then we walked what seemed to be at least 2 miles once we got to the track. My knee and legs were sore, but they held up. I didn't do much yesterday, but I have a new exercise band I want to try this week.

I'm still waiting for my MRI results, which I hope I hear from my doctor today. If they want to do something, I'd rather have it done sooner than later. I also want to properly plan my foods since it looks like the majority of the weight loss is going to come from reducing calories rather than cardio exercise. At least I can still go to the gym and do weights, even if it's only upper body for right now.

It's progress, and that's all I'm asking....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home