The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Monday, February 16, 2004

What a relaxing weekend! Just what the doctor ordered after my crummy week. Even my blood pressure was down enough for my doctor to actually prescribe 60 day's worth and I don't have to see him for 6 weeks.

Don and I had a wonderful 3 days. We even laid out on the deck Saturday afternoon. We did one walk with the dogs and one day at the gym. Dinner was amazing, as usual. I did have a few "observations," however. It seemed that because it was Valentine's Day, they crammed people in. The noise level was pretty loud. The thing that really stuck in my craw was that I saw 4 people on cell phones, including the couple on either side of us. That just really bugged me. I would have been so offended if Don took a call in the middle of a romantic dinner. That is impossible, of course, because Don doesn't own a cell phone (will wonders never cease?). Also, one of the couples next to us needed to get a room. Do I really need to watch two people tongue wrestle as I dine? I don't think so.

I think I was just in a snarky mood because I was not feeling my best. As it turns out, I have caught what everyone else in my office has been suffering from. I'm running a low-grade fever, sore throat, dry cough, overall malaise, chest congestion, etc. I can only hope I can nip it in the bud before it turns in to something really ugly. Of course, I could use a day or two off, but I'd rather not give up 2 sick days. I may see about using some vacation time at the end of the week if I'm not feeling better. We'll have to play it by ear.

We did see two films this weekend -- "Lost in Translation" and "The Cooler." We both thought "Lost in Translation" was OK, but not really Oscar worthy. We did love "The Cooler" -- very well written and some great performances, especially Alec Baldwin. I really hope he wins.

Off to try and get some work done in this abbreviated work day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home