The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Thursday, February 05, 2004

Surprise, surprise....I was actually down 3 pounds in two weeks according to my nutritionist scale. I have also posted my food plan for the week on the right hand side. As you can see, I do get a lot of foods, and no real restrictions, although right now I am not eating bread carbs (potatoes, pasta, rice, etc.). This plan is supposed to accelerate weight loss to get me on the right track. I've done pretty well today, although I did miss meal two because I was meeting with my boss.

Work really kicked my ass last night. I directly manage a team of 7, and 90% of the time they are great. Every once in awhile, one of them pitches a fit. One woman, I'll call Z, is getting a little too big for her britches. She passive-aggressively asked my boss why I hadn't given out any recognition for last year. Of course, my boss wanted to know what the heck that meant, seeing how I had given out plenty of awards, including one award to her plus a huge thank you and a 1/2 day off (paid) for doing a great job. Anyway, she continued to whine about her lack of recognition to several other people in the office. And, here's the kicker.....we have a yearly program where the top 7% of the agents get a all-expense paid trip to some where fabulous (this year it's San Juan, Puerto Rico). The next 7% of the agents get a plaque and a $250.00 gift check. I really wanted to recognize Z for some of the great work she did, despite some issues I actually overlooked (some attendance and personal phone call issues). She called in sick (hangover) on Monday and then told me that on Tuesday. One of my duties is to also monitor phone calls to review customer service. I caught her on a personal call talking "inappropriately" with someone who was not her husband. And she has the gall to complain she doesn't get recognized? She came in hungover today, and she just left because she wasn't feeling well. I really wanted to talk to her today, but it looks like I'll have to deal with it tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be another sleepless night. Why do I stress out over this stuff? Because I care too damn much!

So, no nail appointment tonight, which is fine. Since I didn't sleep very well last night, it's going to be nice to get home early and relax. I will go to the gym tomorrow, as planned.

As a reminder, tomorrow is National Women Wear Red Day to raise awareness of heart disease in women. Please join me in wearing red tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home