The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Saturday, January 31, 2004

I've added some information on the right. Starting tomorrow I am going to keep track of my weight and also list some of my goals for this year.

One thing I have noticed over the last week is that George has the most influence over me when I am tired, stressed and bored. There were some slip ups this week, especially towards the end of the week after some sleepless nights. I skipped some meals, and then made some poor food choices, mostly out of convenience. George also used a compeling argument, one I always lose. He claimes that I should reward myself with food I like because I had a rough day, or did something good. I have got to stop losing this argument....I have to stop using food as a reward. It's not even like I'm buying Oreos or bags of chips. I opt for mexican food from Paco's Tacos across the street, or pizza from CPK instead of the chicken breasts I baked earlier in the week. I hate myself when I do that, especially because I am paying to see a nutritionist! I have a food plan I can follow -- I get a lot of food choices on my plan. I eat 6 meals a day, so it's not like I'm going hungry. So, why am I eating the wrong food? Depression? Boredom? Stress? Yes, to all of those. I guess the next question is what to do?

I did take a step in the right direction -- actually about 3.4 miles of steps. I did 60 minutes on the treadmill at the gym this morning. I burned about 650 calories (I tend to focus on calories burned more than distance or time). It felt really good to sweat. Don went with me, which always seems to make it easier. I wish he liked to workout earlier, but not too many people like to hit the gym at 7:00 AM on a Saturday or Sunday! We do have plans to go again tomorrow, before the Super Bowl. We have a good eating plan for tomorrow -- veggie platter during the game and bbq'd steaks with a big salad for dinner.

To try and keep myself honest, I will also start putting my food plan on the blog and letting you know how I'm doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home