The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Thursday, February 12, 2004

First of all, thank you to everyone who posted comments or e-mailed me. After such a horrible experience, it really made me feel like I am not alone in this fight. As my nutritionist said, "Shannin, you are so much better than this girl. You know it, I know it and everyone who is important to you knows it. Yes, her comments hurt, but, in the end, you are NOT going to let some petty comment from some tiny, immature person derail your progress. She can't even hold your handbag, much less cast a shadow over your radiant light." And you know what, I am not going to let this comment drag me down. My ego and self-esteem are a little bruised. I woke up at 4:00 this morning and really did not want to come in and face these people. I am not going to hide -- I have nothing to be ashamed of. I have more pride than that. Even if I did have fantasies of having these people disintegrate before my withering stares, I am going to be so professional to them today -- kill them with appropriate behavior (I can't promise kindness, I'm still to angry).

In the end, they will be written up. My boss was very supportive and saw the same flippant attitude I did when she spoke to them. As she said, "You can't always teach common decency." So, a big Thank You to my mom and dad for bring me up just right.

I did struggle with my foods yesterday. I choose not to eat anything but a plum and then was really hungry last night. I did have a pastrami sandwich but only ate half (saved some for the dogs). The scale showed it this morning. I think it's because it was so salty. I'll have to pound the water and make sure I go to the gym tonight. The good news is that I have tomorrow off with Don, so I will have the weekend to regroup.

Of course, now I am afraid of eating in front of my co-workers. Isn't that stupid? It's not like I am not chowing Super Sized McDonald's Value Meals or whole pizzas. I don't usually partake in the goodies that are brought in from vendors. I'm just worried that I might retreat to the other end of the spectrum and not eat at all, which according to my nutritionist, is just as bad as over eating.

The quote that got me through the day yesterday is an oldie, but a goodie, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can break my heart." May I always think twice about saying something that may cause another to feel pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home