The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Friday, February 06, 2004

So today wasn’t the picture-perfect day I wanted. I didn’t have the perfect breakfast – choosing to order from the on-site café over eating my oatmeal. I also overate at lunch, choosing a tostada salad from El Pollo Loco instead of my protein and veggie meal.

I’d like to write this off as nerves before confronting Z. My meeting with her went well – I don’t think I told her anything that surprised her. After getting that over, I thought my day would be downhill, but she asked to speak to me 10 minutes before I was supposed to leave. She asked if her attendance was the reason she would not be getting the “year end” award. I had to say yes, and she broke into tears. In the end, I really think we made some great strides. It was hard for me, because I don’t like to be a hard-ass. I really wanted to reward her, but I cannot justify this. I think that because I hate confrontation, I overate this morning to “fortify” me. And then, this afternoon, overate to “reward” myself – once again turning to food as a reward.

I also didn’t make it to the gym. When I got out of work, it was 5:15, and it gets dark at about 5:30 and the dogs were outside. Isn’t it funny that my dogs’ well-being is more important than my own? I know that I will have to do 60 minutes on the treadmill on Saturday and Sunday. So be it.

I am going to spend the rest of the night relaxing and catching up on my TiVo programming (Survivor, CSI, Law & Order).

Tomorrow is another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home