The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Trying To Keep It Together

Sorry for the lack of posts, but life & work is kicking my butt right now, and I'm just trying to keep my head above water.

First the good news - my eating and weight seem to have stabilized. The more I see my weight staying the same, the less I am stressed about eating the right foods. I'm getting pretty consistent about eating 3 meals and 2 snacks. I am getting 80+ ounces of water in per day. I am doing pretty good at getting 2-3 servings of fruit and veggies in every day. I've expanded my foods to include things like sesame-encrusted tuna steaks, cornbread stuffed pork loin with dried cherry sauce, blue cheese grilled ribeye, Asian glazed salmon. Tonight, I'm making one of my signature dishes - spinach, mushroom, blue cheese stuffed chicken breasts with mushroom risotto and steamed broccoli. Yum. I think one of the keys for me is variety - not just with ingredients but with tastes and texture as well. I am holding steady at between 164 and 167 and I am comfortable with that. One of the big wins is that I am weighing 2-3 times a week instead of every day.

Work is really hopping now. I have a lot of projects going on, a lot of deadlines, emergencies popping up left and right. As my personal life spirals out of control, I am finding it harder and harder to keep my head in the game at work. Next week will be a bit of a break as I will be getting certified in teaching a customer service class which will be a huge initiative for our group in 2007. It's a pretty big thing, since I'm not in the training department and it will mean a week away from my own job, but it's a growth opportunity for me, and I'm pretty excited about it.

On the personal front, I am still coming to grips with the depression and anxiety hovering over me like my own personal black cloud. I found one of the key root causes - the huge amount of debt we're facing. I have been juggling bills monthly, and it's starting to collapse to the point where we need to make some decisions about what is and is not important - gym memberships, pedicures/manicures, hair appointments, lawn care, house cleaners. One of the big revenue generators will be downsizing, but that's not something that will be accomplished overnight. Plus, you need to spend money to get the house ready, keep the house clean, etc. The worrying about money is causing some tough emotional issues for me as well as how they manifest physically - tension, stomach problems, general feeling of malaise. Now that it's out in the open between me and Don, it will be easier to work out some solutions. The good news is that we're getting money back from our taxes - not a lot - but enough to help out some.

Anyway, therapy and having Don as my rock is helping. Also, the two dogs keep me very engaged when I'm at home. I mean, they don't understand depression and how can one remain depressed when one has puppy kisses and tail wags?

Off to work on dinner. It's pretty easy, but it takes a lot of prep work with dicing, stuffing and breading. The end result is mighty tasty, though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home