The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Springing Forward

I'm back safely from Las Vegas - no worse for wear, and only down about $60.00. The conference was great - some good information, great networking, and just a nice time to be away from real work. Of course, Las Vegas is hardly my kind of town and there was a lot of eye-opening scenes. I mean, who is still gambling at 6:00 AM? I would go down for my coffee, and there were people gambling, drinking, smoking. Sensory overload, that's for sure.

I had a great dinner with my brother, his wife and my friend on Saturday at Bradley Ogden. The tab was $750+, but Gavin got it comped so we just chipped in for the tip. I met him on Sunday and we had dinner at his place so I could see my nephews and meet their new dog, Angel. That was great - Brant & Evan put on a "concert" for me and Angel fell in love with me...

The funny thing was that both my best friend and my brother didn't recognize me at all. That was a weird thing - approaching them and they totally didn't know who I was. I am still working on seeing myself as others might see me, and it's not always easy.

Anyway, signs of spring are starting to show themselves. We have had major meltage here, with ankle-deep puddles, slushy snow, muddy puppy bellies. I can't believe last week I was watching my plane being de-iced and this week I am trudging through mud and slush with the dogs. I love it! I can't wait for Don to get the snow off the deck so we can break out the patio table and chairs.

We did look at two open houses today, just to get a feeling for what we would be looking at, both space-wise and price-wise. The second house we saw was great, although not perfect (1-car garage, no master suite bathroom) but easily fixed. The space is much better used than what we have here. We will continue to explore the option of down-sizing, but this house seemed pretty close to what we are looking for.

As I get back into the real world, after being in Sin City for 6 days, there is much I want to blog about - mostly surrounding adoption, addiction transference, yoga at the gym...

Anyway, I'm off to catch up on my readings to see what you all have been up to while I was gone! Hope you've been good!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home