The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Monday, April 12, 2004

Rumors of My Vacation Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in......

One of the good things about working in a fairly large office is that team leaders cover for each other. The "rule" has always been, if one leader is out the other leader has to be in the office. Fair enough. When the other leader and I scheduled our vacation in December, we sat in a room with the calendar and went back and forth, putting down our time. She scheduled herself off last week and I picked this week. At the time, there was no overlap. Somehow, between December and today, she added a day of vacation to her week -- and the day she added was today, supposedly my first day of vacation.

I called into my voicemail at 8:30 AM since I was waiting for a client to call back and I wanted to forward the voicemail to the other leader to follow up. When I listened to her voicemail, I noticed she said she would be back on Tuesday. WTF??!! I thought. To top it all off, our boss is on vacation so the only leader in the office just took on her responsibilities last week. And, as an added bonus, one of our accounts we share with NYC was calling in to our office because the NYC travel desk was having "techinical difficulties."

After hemming and hawing, I decided to bite the bullet and come in to the office (out of the goodness of my heart, of course). It seems like a wise choice -- we have had nothing but issues today -- a blackout at LAX delaying flights, customer service issues left and right, phone problems. My boss was appreciative, and she knows that the oversight is on the other leader, but it still doesn't make up for the fact that, once again, it's Shannin to the rescue.

And this just in.....the other leader, who is supposed to return into the office tomorrow, actually has a client meeting and she will not be in. Again, it's a scramble for coverage. I swear, I am so angry I can't even see straight. I'm trying to keep it together, but I think the other agents know where I am coming from and sense some of my frustration.

Off to cancel some appointments. I guess the good news is that I am so angry I'm not hungry.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home