The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

The Problem with Potlucks

I love potlucks. I love being able to taste a lot of foods that I normally wouldn't have. I love trying my co-worker's cooking or baking.

What I hate about potlucks are the people who say they can't bring anything, or don't want to bring anything and then feel like they can pig out. We have one woman in our office who never signs up (I'm getting home too late to make anything) but feels free to pile her plate high. My favorite trick was when we catered lunch for our boss' birthday and she came in with Tupperware not once, but TWICE, before some people even got firsts! She doesn't report to me, so I can't really say anything, but it really ticks me off. Hey, I understand not everyone can cook, and I don't always cook -- I've been known to take the easy way out and buy baked goods (but as a leader in the office I do try and bring a main dish -- today it was manicotti) -- but if you're going to eat, plan on bringing something!

Of course, I have my nutritionist appointment tonight at 4:30 PM, so I have to be a little careful about what I'm going to eat.

Anyway, I keep thinking today is Thursday, and every time I realize it's actually Wednesday, I'm disappointed. Plus, Don just called (he has the day off), telling me he's out on the deck with the dogs. Grrr....lucky duck.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home