The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Ahhh, The Games We Play

I've noticed I am playing more and more games with myself when it comes to food and exercise. If I don't eat dinner (protein & veggies), I'll have some ice cream because the calories are about the same. You know, you really get the same benefit from doing 30 minute of cardio as you do for 60 minutes of cardio, plus if I do 30 minutes, I can get in some weight lifting.

I swear, I can rationalize almost anything, and my eating and exercise patterns are showing it. The thing that makes me real angry is that I KNOW what I need to do:

1. Follow my food plan
2. Eat more protein than carbs
3. Eat 5 servings of fresh fruit and veggies EVERY day
4. Exercise 5 times a week with 60 minutes of cardio and some weight lifting
5. Drink at least 100 ounces of water a day
6. Take my supplements & prescriptions
7. Do not skip my appointments with my doctor or my nutritionist


See, it can't be that hard. I have seriously got to get my act together. It looks like I am going to weigh in at 314 AGAIN this month. And I can't even act surprised. I worked out about 6 or 7 times last month. I probably ate on plan only 1 or 2 days. Heck, it's a miracle that I haven't gained 10 pounds!

What can I do to scare myself straight? How can I stop playing these games with my health and my future?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home