The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

So This is Why They Pay Me the Big Bucks

There are days where I seriously hate my job. The other leader in the office was off yesterday and will be off today. I work 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM and she usually works 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. I came in yesterday at my usual time and left at my usual time. I got a voicemail this morning from my boss wondering why I didn't stay until 6:00 PM since the office needs a leader here between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM. This means, I have to stay until 6:00 PM today -- forcing me to cancel two appointments and make alternate arrangements for other plans. I mean, at least she could have called me at home so I could have 24 hours notice.

It's not that I'm asked to work extra hours (and don't get compensated for them, being exempt and all). What really gets me is that when I am off, no leader comes in at 7:00 AM, and no one is expected to work 11 hours.

Admittedly, I'm in a rather pissy mood. The other team leader has taken another position (a step down) and my boss hasn't even hired a new TL (we've done the interviews, but the one she wants needs a green card) so I am expected to take on a bunch of extra work for no extra compensation. This is the second time in 2 years this has happened and I've had it.

Sorry for venting this early in the morning, but I'm really ticked off......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home