The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Sunday, February 29, 2004

It must be spring! We get a plethora of white butterflies between spring and early fall, and I saw my first today. So did Baja, and he's been on the hunt ever since. He almost never catches one, but I love to watch him "hunt." Anyway, seeing the butterflies reminds me that spring is just around the corner.

On that note, I have started to do some spring "refreshing" around the house. I purchased some frames for photos that have being laying about, I hung a lithograph Don got me for Valentine's Day, I got some organizing bins to help me with my candle storage, etc. I won't actually get into my Spring Cleaning until my vacation in April, but this is a good start.

Speaking of Don, I guess you're really in love when your honey still makes your heart go pitter-patter. We both left the house this morning -- Don going to work and me to run errands. I left a few minutes before him since I was stopping at the mailbox to drop off some bills. I knew we were going to both go down Sepulveda Blvd., but I didn't think I would see him. As I pulled up to the red light at Sawtelle, I looked in my rear view mirror, and saw his silver Honda coming up next to me. He pulled along side, and I rolled down my window to make a salacious remark (something about, "Are you going my way?"). I smiled the whole way to my first errand -- just because I saw him. It's amazing how, even after almost 8 years together, the sight of him takes my breath away. It must be spring!

I make fun of a lot of things, especially things I see on T.V. infomercials. This morning, I saw an ad for the EggStractor and I just gota good laugh out of it. I mean, how hard is it to peel an egg? I guess this is in reponse to the many who are on Atkins. I am a total gaget gal, but I have to draw the line at this!

Try as I might, exercise has not been a priority. We did take the dogs for a short walk yesterday and I was winded after 1/2 a mile. It was disappointing, but it was nice to get outside. I am going to try for the gym tomorrow, and even if I don't make 60 minutes on the treadmill, I'll feel accomplished just getting into the gym! Foods have not been good simply because nothing tastes good. I did make turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes last night, and that tasted pretty good -- very much comfort food. Of course, the foods that "sound" good -- mac & cheese, risotto, mashed potatoes, etc. -- are all carbs and BAD BAD BAD. But they still sound good....

Off to go clean up the mess I've made by dragging out the tool box. Also, a nap is sounding godd right about now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home