The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Thursday, February 26, 2004

We survived the rain and the floods! Actually, I was able to get home about 30 minutes before the skies opened up. For some reason, I still have a funky taste in my mouth that makes everything taste metallic. Nothing tastes good, which is why I didn't eat hardly anything yesterday. I am getting breakfast from the cafe downstairs today. I still have that taste in my mouth, but I am really hungry (gee, imagine that).

Work is going OK for the moment. I'm still having some frustrating moments, and sometimes I think I'm close to the breaking point. I have one girl, whom I have spoken to on several occassions about personal phone calls, on one right now that's lasted 10 minutes. Yesterday, she was on one for over 30 minutes. I am going to have to talk to her yet again and threaten her with counseling. Another girl is ticked off I spoke to her about her getting in late in the morning and getting back late from lunch -- 62 tardy minutes just last week. She complained to my boss I was being insensitive because she HAD to go home at lunch to visit her mother (her father passed away last year). She never once told me about this, she just took it upon herself to take a 75 minute lunch. Needless to say, that's been nipped in the bud, but once again I am the "bad guy." This is on top of the the extra work I have taken on since we're replacing the other leader in the office (although this is on hold -- more work for me!). Don't mean to be bitter, but I keep hoping for some sort of recognition and all I got was a lousy one line on my review -- Shannin assisted manager in stepping in as an additional leadership resource for the Aerospace desk. This was very much appreciated. That's it. No acknowledgment of all the work I've done around their staffing, phone stats, financials, monthly client meetings, monthly reports, etc. OK, enough bitching. I just had to get that out there before I let it get to me.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, that's for sure. I don't have much planned, but I really need to clean up my fridge and pantries. I know it's not very exciting, but I always feel better when things are clean and organized.

Off to go help the staff learn how to use the new instant messaging program we have. It's actually pretty neat, and will cut down on some of my e-mails (hopefully).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home