The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Friday, March 12, 2004

A Lady of Leisure

I'm amazed how quickly time passes. My day off is mostly over, and I've hardly done anything -- although I think that's the point of a day "off." I went to Macy's and Bloomie's (Lancome & Clinque gift with purchase) on my way to the doctors. Ran to Trader Joe's to get some essentials for the weekend. I was very tempted to go next door to Panera, the bread store so many of my fellow bloggers have recently written about. Despite knowing their cinnamon rolls would go directly to my thighs, I have been wanting to try them for a long time. As I was walking up the steps to the two stores, my feet carrying me in the direction of Panera's doors, I noticed the rating -- a big 'ol B. (For those who don't know, Los Angeles County gives any place that serves food a letter grade -- A, B, C, D). I have a personal thing about only eating in places that have an A, so the decision was made for me. I even did well in TJ's -- I only got what was on my list, so there is nothing tempting me in the house tonight. Came home, had lunch with Don and sat on the deck for about 1 1/2 hours. Don just left for work, and I don't have any plans for the rest of the day.

Now, there are some things I should do -- go through some magazines & catalogs, order some photos for my new frames, etc. Whether I get them done or not remains to be seen. I may just decided on going through my virtual mall and trying not to do too much damage.

One thing I noticed while driving to my doctor's office in Beverly Hills, is just how much entitlement some people feel. Driving through the streets, I noticed a lot of drivers just coasted through stop signs, totally ignoring who might actually have the right of way. I saw two people (in Mercedes SUVs, natch) pull into traffic with nary a thought about oncoming traffic. At the office, I was waiting for the elevator and this older typical BH matron (velour matching sweatsuit which probably cost a few hundred of her husband's well-earned money) stepped right in front of me as I was getting on the elevator. She, of course, had to get out before me and even though we were both going to the same office, she didn't even hold the door. When we got in, the receptionist asked who her doctor was, and her answer was, "I have a test at 11:30." Luckily, I see a different set of doctors, and didn't even have chance to take my seat before I was being shown into a room. When I left about 10 minutes later, she was still waiting.

I just find it interesting how some people interact with the strangers around them. So many don't take into consideration how their actions affect other people. "It's my way, when I want it, how I want it and damn the little people."

On to better things -- I did forget to mention the other day that one of the real benefits of being a Gold AMEX card holder is the ability to get tickets early for certain events. AMEX had a promotion where I could get tickets to Sting & Annie Lennox 2 days before they went on sale to the general public. I was so excited! We have great seats and it took all of about 5 minutes at Ticketmaster. Anyway, enough gloating about that.....

Well, off to enjoy the rest of the day at my leisure.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home