The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Spring fever has officially set in. I don't want to be at work, I don't want to be inside -- I just want to be outside, reading, hanging with the dogs, which is pretty much what I did all of Sunday.

Saturday, Don and I went and had our taxes done, and for the first time in the 4 years we've filed as a couple, we'll be getting a refund. Woo-hoo. I always am aprehensive about getting our taxes done since it's been bad news in the past, so this was a pleasant surprise. Of course, the money is already spent on things around the house, but it's a nice feeling knowing that the money will be in our checking account in just 2 weeks.

Sunday, Don had to work and I did a major grocery/supply shop -- CostCo, Ralph's, Trader Joe's. It actually only took me about 2 hours to get all of my errands done. Didn't do too much damage at CostCo, which is a challenge. I tried to stick to exactly what I needed, rather than going up and down each aisle to make sure I wasn't "missing" any good deals. I spent the rest of the very sunny and hot (85 degrees) lying on my deck and reading. I even have a nice tan started. I've always been a sun bunny, and I feel so much better about myself when I have some color. I have light olive skin anyway, so I'm never really pale, but I love to get a dark tan!

Sunday night, in preparation for the return of The Sopranos I made wonderful Beef & Cheese Manicotti along with salad and garlic bread. Totally not on either one of our plans, but it was a good cheat day. I was very happy the way it came out, and the leftovers are even better.

Tonight we are taking some of the tax refund and going shopping for some window shades. We have a very nice window seat in our living room and there are no shades, which can leave us feeling a little exposed at times. I'm looking for the ones that are similar to this, so wish us luck. I'm not always very good with the home decorating stuff -- I have great ideas, I just am not very handy unless it's IKEA-type furniture.

Off to present my first round of reviews.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home