The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Friday, March 05, 2004

Oh, boy, am I glad it's Friday. Of course, 2 people called in sick, 2 were on approved vacation and I have 2 leaving early. The airlines just raised their fares last night and now we have to call the carriers to honor the original fares that were supposed to be good through today. Ahhh, the joys.....

On top of it all, I will have to deliver my reviews next week. The thing that kills me is that I sent them to my boss on Feb. 23. She is just now getting back to me with revisions and additions. Oh, and when are the reviews due, you might ask? Next Friday, of course. Geeze....she's on my back to get them done early, which I did, and then they sit on her desk for almost 2 weeks, and now I have to rush to meet deadline.

After reading Denise however, I'm not sure if I really want to present the reviews! I do have to agree, I have a great staff. The one thing that gets me every year are those who fill in their self apprasials with all 1s (we rank on a scale of 1 - 5, with 3 being Meets Expectations and 1 being Exceeds Expecations Plus).

My big success last night was building 2 bookshelves and 1 table I purchased yesterday. I put these in the guest room along one very bare wall. I really need the shelf space more than anything for photos and knick-knacks. I swear, I can't imagine where I would have put all this stuff if we were still in our old apartment. We went from a 900 sq. foot apartment to a 1500 sq. foot house, and I'm always in seach of storage space.

I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to the weekend or not. Don and I are seeing our tax guy tomorrow, and don't know what to expect. We paid a little last year, but not that much. With Don's employment issues last year and some of the freelance he did, I'm not sure if we're going to take it in the shorts or come out on top.

Other than that, I really don't have any big plans for the weekend. I really need to get my nails done -- they look like shit. I'll have some chores and errands, but I'm really praying for a sunny weekend so I can spend most of my time out on my deck reading. Ahh, the simple pleasures of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home