The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Hot Time in the City

For those of you still getting snow (??), it got to over 105 degrees yesterday in the San Fernando Valley. It was in the low 90s for me near the coast. I hope this is not a sign of things to come -- we don't have A/C in the house and rely on open windows, fans and ceiling fans, which usually do the trick. If it continues to heat up as we get into summer (can you believe it's still spring?), we may have to look at alternate arrangements.

So, Tuesday was on plan and I'm doing well on Wednesday (granted it's only 10:40 AM). Of course I made the mistake of actually getting on the scale and I am at my highest weight since last year, albeit that only means up 6 pounds. I'm hoping (praying) that it's only a hangover (no pun intended) from my binge on Sunday. The funny thing is that I'm not feeling bloated or significantly heavier, so I think that might be a good sign.

Now that I'm feeling like I'm getting the hang of this whole "abstinence" thing, I am planning for my next stage after my successful completion of stage 1. The one thing I know I am going to have to change is the whole 1 Diet Coke restriction. I figure as long as I get my water in, having 2 is not going to kill me. I also know I need to be strict about measuring and weighing my food to make sure I am doing proper portion control. At some point, this has got to become second nature. Right?

I am excited about Sunday. I got tickets to Cavalia which is like Cirque du Soleil on horseback. I love going to live performances, whether it's theater, concerts, sporting events. I wish I did more, but it's been really hard with Don's schedule to plan in advance. Anyway, I used to ride competitively and I grew up around horses, so I'm thinking this is going to be a lot of fun. I got the "V.I.P." pass which includes parking and a "back stable" pass after the show to see the horses. When I make out my Christmas list for my parents, my number one wish is a horse. Still. After 30 years. One of these days...

Next item on my agenda for today is to try and figure out what to do for Mother's Day.....Ideas, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home