The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Weird Weekend

I was looking forward to a really nice weekend, but both Don and I came down with a bit of a bug. I made a really nice dinner on Friday - grilled tuna steaks, Asian noodles, asparagus and mixed salad (greens, grape tomatoes, beets, blue cheese, pecans) in an Asian dressing. I woke up Saturday and just felt off. I had planned on going to coffee, but realized I should stay a lot closer to my recliner and the bathroom.

I finally got up the energy to make a Trader Joe's and grocery store run since I needed ingredients for my fajitas I was making in honor of Cinco de Mayo. I got home and still felt weird - shaky, dry mouth, fuzzy head. We didn't drink on Friday night so I knew it wasn't a hangover. The weather was really overcast and windy, and I could feel rain coming, but Don and I decided to take the dogs for a hike around the lake. I was wearing yoga pants, a long-sleeve t-shirt and a down vest since the temps were in the low 60s, plus the winds were gusting to about 40 m.p.h.

About 2/3 of the way through the walk, I started feeling dizzy and had to stop every few feet to catch my breath. In addition, I was sweating like it was 90 degrees out - I mean drenching. Don ended up having to walk both dogs, although I tried to take Jager at the very end, but ended up actually having to sit down. Don went to take the dogs to the car and come back to get me, but I hustled after him since I realized I needed to find a bathroom right away, and there were port-a-potties where we parked. Let's just say I barely made it. Ugh.

I got home and was clammy and still sweating and freezing with chills. After a short nap in the recliner, I got enough energy up to take a shower, which actually did help, although I was still a little shaky. I finally started really feeling better around 3:00 or so - just in time for Don to start feeling like crap - chills, fevers, aches. We each had different symptoms, but it has to be the same bug...

Anyway, I did make great chicken fajitas with homemade guacamole. We skipped the margs, and stuck to water. We each popped some Advil, but both ended up with weird fever-induced dreams, so we both still felt like we were hit with a 2x4 this morning.

We kept it pretty low key today. I had a hair appointment and then read on the deck for a few hours, despite it being overcast and windy. We're watching some NBA games and a gold tournament and will have leftovers for dinner. My big chore for the weekend was dusting the downstairs - that's about all I had energy for! Don did the laundry, so I'll have clean clothes for next week.

Pretty boring post, I know, but at least we're feeling better and hoping for a good night's sleep to start the week off right!

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home