The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Weekend Warrior

Work has pretty much kicked my butt all week. We have had to deal with one person out sick and people out on vacation, crazy phone volumes, trying to manage capacity, technology issues... All fun stuff. It's at least made the week go by fast!

I finally went and had my work badge re-done. I was getting embarrassed by my old photo, and wouldn't wear my badge since people would do a double-take. I can totally see the difference, just like when I got my new drivers license. At least now I look like my photo, which is a good thing!

We're supposed to get scattered thunderstorms over the weekend, but I'm hoping they're early or at night so we get some decent time outside. There is a ton of yard work that should get done, plus I could use some serious deck time. We, of course, will take the dogs for at least one hike, maybe 2 if they're up for it. They have such a good time on our hikes, especially splashing in the lake. I would also like to get into the gym. It's been awhile and I could use a good sweat. I've put on a few pounds this week, and although I'm not in a panic state, I'd rather up the exercise rather than skipping meals to get back in the middle of my comfort zone.

My typical day is now:

Breakfast - 1 to 1 1/2 eggs, 3 flatbread crackers, fruit (I've been on a cantaloupe kick lately)
Snack - AchievOne protein shake
Lunch - 3-4 ounces of protein, veggies/salad, V-8 juice
Snack - Cheese stick, fruit (usually an apple)
Dinner - 3-4 ounces of protein, veggies/salad

I start my day off with about 16 ounces of black coffee, and on certain days I have a large skim latte. I get in plain water plus a 20-ounce VitaminWater. Where I'm getting off track is snacking on sweets and doing stupid things like eating 2 slices of pizza yesterday! Ugh. No wonder I'm up a few!

Life is pretty status quo right now. I'll have a new member on my team shortly, so that's great. Our department is going through so many good changes right now, it's really exciting. It keeps me on my toes, but I've gotten some really great recognition over the past few days that it really makes me feel appreciated.

Of course, what I'm really looking forward to is my three days off next week with Don. I know for sure we'll see "Shrek 3" but that's the only thing we have planned. It's mostly going to be about sleeping in, playing with the dogs and hanging out on the deck. Gotta work on my tan!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home