The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hump Day

This will be my second out of three short weeks -- two weeks ago, we all had Monday off for a team building event at my boss' house, this past Monday I took a personal day for a morning doctor's appointment and then a few hours at the State Fair and next week is Labor Day & I will have Friday off for my birthday. Boy, is the week of 9/8 going to seem l-o-n-g!

We don't have any big plans for the long weekend -- maybe some light housework/yard work and some errands. I will hopefully get a lot of reading in -- I have discovered a pair of authors, Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child, that are knocking my socks off. I now have purchased all of their books out in paperback and have 5 to read to "get caught up" on the series. Three are stand alone books (Ice Storm, Riptide and Thunderhead), but the rest all have a central FBI Special Agent Pendergast interacting with different characters, some of whom are revisited in the later books. I made the mistake of starting mid-series, but have now started from the beginning because it looks like it's only going to get better.

Some of the other great books I've read this summer -- Racing in the Rain, The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible, A Thousand Splendid Suns just to name a few.

I still have work to do on the blog -- like updating my links, but I am off to do some reading...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home