The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Blog Troubles

So the designer of my customized blog is MIA and I have no way of contacting her or getting my template back, so it's back to basics.
Anyway, I just haven't had the time to play around with this over the last month. Work has been really busy -- it's budget season and planning for 2009 staffing. By the time I get home, the last thing I want to do is get on the computer.
Don's job is ramping up. He's been switched from the Vikings' beat to the Timberwolves' one but is still helping to cover the Vikings (very long, political story). His travel is going to be a bit of a nightmare, but we'll get through it.
Life in general is going pretty well. I have kind of started back-to-basics with diet and exercise after a few months of "vacation." I'm still hanging in there between 165 - 170, but I've been feeling a little sluggish. I also had a bit of an episode and discovered I have high blood pressure and borderline anemia. I'm on meds for the BP and have upped my iron intake to see if that helps. My thyroid reading was way off as well, so they changed the dosage on my Synthroid. I have a full physical on Monday to see if there is anything else. In the meantime, I've tried to focus on more fresh fruits and veggies, more lean protein and less processed foods. I'm back doing yoga and trying to meditate to help with the relaxation.
Don and I have been getting out and about more. We went to the RenFest last Saturday and then went to our Fantasy Football Draft Party on Sunday. This weekend is my company's summer picnic. We both have doctor's appointments on Monday morning and then it's off to the State Fair for fried fat & sugar on a stick.
The big weekend is September 5 - 7 -- it's my 40th birthday on Friday. I've taken the day off, although I haven't decided what to do. I was thinking about Valley Fair (like Six Flags) but I may be fair & festival-ed out by then. The other option is lunch at a lakeside restaurant and then a lake cruise. I'll also check out some museums to see if there is anything that pops out at me.
Now that I have the basic template fixed, I'll try and get my links up and fixed soon! Hope I still have a few readers out there!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM , Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

    Wow, much better. I came by yesterday and felt like I was under multi-colored attack! ;)

    Yes, it is Fantasy Football Time! We are having our draft next weekend and I'm helping my daughter with hers tomorrow night.

     
  • At 11:41 AM , Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

    Oh, and happy early 40th! I turn that auspicious age in November!

     
  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger Uisce said...

    you youngster! happy happy happy!!

     
  • At 9:14 AM , Blogger Fantastagirl said...

    So glad you updated - and that you have continued to do well with your weight loss. I hope that you get everything under control and that the meds help!

    Happy birthday early - I am guessing you'll find a great way to spend the day!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home