The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Work Drama!

This was a bell-weather week for us as far as tax season ramping up, less staffing, call volumes coming in where we didn't expect, etc. We got through it fairly well, and that should mean we can get through April without too many ugly days.

However, my boss dropped a bombshell on Wednesday when he told us he was leaving for another company next month. Many on my staff, as well as several other leaders, have asked if I am going to take his position. There is a lot about the job that is tempting, however there are a lot of challenges that I don't know if I want to take on right now. There would be less people-leading - I'd only have 3 direct reports versus the 9 I have now. There would be a lot more strategy, planning, budgets, etc. Plus, I don't know how I really feel about reporting to the Senior VP. She's great, but a little hard to read, and I don't know if she likes me. I've had some weird interactions with her, and I'd be worried about my success under her. Anyway, a lot to think about...

Of course, what I'm really looking forward to is my upcoming trip to Phoenix! It's actually going to be WARM - and not this "warm" Minnesota-style of 30+ degrees. I mean, how sad is it when we get excited about anything above 32? At this point I don't even mind snowy days as long as the morning temps are above -17. The wind chill is bitter - it's gotten to -40 in the last few days. There's a part of me that wonders if I will ever be warm again. Heck, I even have a shawl at work to help me stay warm. One person on my staff has a blanket! It's not like the office temps are that bad, but once you get a chill it's hard to get rid of.

My broken finger is healing slowly. I don't have to wear the splint but the nail is still looking U-G-L-Y. I have a hard time typing, and I am afraid of losing the nail. Part of me just wants to remove the nail so the nail bed can heal, but the idea of pulling off the nail is almost too painful to think about. I have "fake" nails and have for years and it seems that the acrylic is actually helping the nail stay stable. I don't know what's going to happen as the nail tries to grow over the gash. I just want to have good-looking hands again!

On the weight front, I am happy to say I am maintaining at 165. This is huge for me because I am eating more but still able to stay within my range. I know the trip will be a challenge just because of the eating out, but I think I can handle it by watching my portions and staying protein-focused.

I should be able to post more since I will have more time once I'm on the road. Time to think, time to ponder my career path, time to catch up with all of you, time to spend with Don.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home