The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

These Are the Days of Our Lives?

Damn, more work drama. The person causing me grief from the previous post is at it again. Earlier this week, I worked out new schedules for two teams. Their leaders agreed to the start date, the start date was on the information sheet and I verified the start date with one of the leaders before tearing up several people's schedules and rebuilding the new ones. Granted, it wasn't a lot of work and not that many people were involved, but I did it in a rush as a favor to the leaders. Well, there seems to be a rule that if someone's schedule changes by more than 2 hours they need a 2 week notice. I didn't know that and the two team leaders didn't know that. When one leader mentioned it, I reworked the schedules that were affected - no big deal, right? Well, Little Miss Nosy decided to take it upon herself and contact my boss to let him know I was "forcing" people into new schedules and "demanding" that they move to their new schedules before the 2 week rule. Say what?

Luckily, my boss knows me and knows my work style. He also spoke to one of the team leaders who said that it was a simple miss by both sides and that I was re-working the schedules. In the end, it was no big deal to the people who really count and a bit baffling to us all why she felt the need to get involved. Both my leader and the team leader were a bit pissed at her for stirring the pot. I'm just pissed that she tries to act so self-important when she can barely do the minimum of her own job and thinks she can do mine. It's also a good thing that her two current bosses like me and I know whose side they would come down on if the chips were down.

As if I don't have enough to worry about. My average work day begins at 6:30 AM, which means I am up at 5:30 and out of the house by 6:00. Lately, I've been getting home after 5:00 and some days as late as 6:30. When I'm at work, I eat lunch at my desk, rarely even remember to go to the restroom and pretty much keep my nose to the grindstone. As you can tell from my infrequent postings and visits to other blogs, I'm not surfing the net on company time (OK, I am today, but just between running reports). My constant companion is a very long To Do list and my daily calendar because I can barely remember where I'm supposed to be and when.

I'm glad to have a 4-day weekend coming up, and my birthday is Tuesday so I'm looking forward to a bit of a break. I have a few things scheduled - chiro appointment, going to the fair one day, coffee on Saturday, getting my hair colored, weekend BBQ. The weather isn't supposed to be great but if I can get a few long dog walks in, a trip (or 3) to the gym and some down time with Don, I'll be happy.

In the meantime, I'm going to keep my nose to the grindstone and let those with rope hang themselves. In this case, I know she doesn't need help from me.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello,

    When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here nakedgirladventures.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Here is a fact for you. Recent Scientific Research displays that almost 90% of all USA adults are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

    About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home