The Ongoing Adventures of Naked Girl

The story of my quest to look good naked -- really good.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Looking Back 2005

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
I had elective surgery on 10/5 - a laparoscopic gastric bypass.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make any next year?
I looked back at my resolutions for 2005 and they were all health related. Although I didn't plan on having surgery at the beginning of the year, the ends do justify the means.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Three people at work and my cousin all had additions to their families.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit?
I did not travel very much this year - a trip to Cleveland to see Don's family and a trip to Los Angeles to see my family.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
I got what I asked for last year - less chaos in 2005. This year, I'd like to have more friends in Minnesota.

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 5 - the day of my surgery, and really the start of my new life.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting through the surgery without complications and getting a promotion at work.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I was disappointed that I was unable to lose weight on my own, although I am thankful for this surgery.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No illness or injury other than surgery.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A pair of size 24 jeans, a new fridge & stove.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Don and my family. They have all been so very supportive throughout my journey.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Where to start? Michael Brown, George Bush, Tom DeLay, the main stream media.

14. Where did most of your money go?
I have no idea - how scary is that?

15. What did you get really excited about?
I love watching the numbers on the scale and tape measure go down.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
"Wake Me Up When September Comes" by Green Day

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner, by a lot (at least 75 pounds).
iii. richer or poorer? About the same, I'd guess.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish Don and I had done more things locally like going to museums or exploring our new city.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Watching TV.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
We celebrated on Christmas Eve since Don was going to be in Baltimore. We had dinner at Biaggi's, opened gifts and enjoyed each other's company.

22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
I fall in love each and every day.

23. How many one-night stands?
None!!

24. What was your favorite TV program?
CSI, Lost, Nip/Tuck, Desperate Housewives, House

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't waste time on hate.

26. What was the best book you read?
Philip Pullman's "His Dark Material."

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Leela James, Amos Lee

28. What did you want and get?
A smaller waistline.

29. What did you want and not get?
More of a raise when I got my promotion.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Believe it or not, I can't really think of a great one. I have high hoped for "Brokeback Mountain" and "King Kong."

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We had dinner at Campiello's during a major hailstorm. I turned 37.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Living closer to my family, making more friends, making better use of my time.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Make do with what is currently fitting. I don't want to spend more money on clothes that won't fit next year.

34. What kept you sane?
Don - who is always there for me. Baja & Jager - they drove me crazy at times, but for the most part they inspire peacefulness.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one. OK, if you twist my arm, Pete Carroll the USC Football coach.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Hurricane Katrina and the aftermath.

37. Who did you miss?
My family and friends back in California.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Several of the men and women I've met through the WLS support groups I attend.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
It doesn't mean weakness when you get help you need.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
If you should ever leave me
Though life would still go on, believe me
The world could show nothing to me
So what good would livin' do me
God only knows what I'd be without you

God only knows what I'd be without you

(from "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home